Recently revamped Jock Safari Lodge in the Kruger National Park is offering a Winter Wellness package at R8 064 pps per night
The package includes an African scalp massage and Pilgrims Dream back, neck & shoulder massage, accommodation, two daily game drives, wilderness walks, all meals, a selection of house beverages, and a high tea.
At the main lodge, 12 thatched suites offer an extensive private deck, uninterrupted views of the riverbed, an outdoor bath, shower, plunge pool, and an enclosed sala. Within the same concession, the private camp, Fitzpatrick’s at Jock caters for families and groups of up to six guests travelling together.
- The Winter Wellness package is valid for direct bookings only with a minimum stay of three nights. Tel +27 (0) 13 010 0019 or firstname.lastname@example.org. T&C’s apply.
Close to Montagu in the Little Karoo, Sanbona Wildlife Reserve has introduced a Family Getaway Experience at Gondwana Family Lodge valid until 20 December 2019
- From R5917.50 ppspn, there is a 50% discount for children between 4 and 11, with no charge for children under 3. A minimum stay of three nights applies. Valid until 20 December 2019. Includes all meals, non-alcoholic beverages, and twice daily game drives with beverages. T’c & C’s apply.
Each Gondwana Family Lodge suite comes with a comfortable sleeper couch to accommodate one child. Inter-leading rooms are available for larger families.
Activities on the Sanbona Kids on Safari programme include with evening scorpion hunts and African folk storytelling around the fire with a marshmallow braai. A family picnic is included in addition to two daily game drives. Complimentary child minding is offered for children under four during game drive hours.
The Sanbona Kids on Safari programme has been designed to inspire future eco warriors. Welcome Packs include an activity book filled with interactive activities to teach children about the wildlife at Sanbona. The skull garden and interpretive trail take children through the gardens to learn about plants and animals. Other activities include arts and crafts, puzzles, board games, educational books, and documentary DVDs
- Child-friendly Tintswalo Lapalala in the Waterberg is offering a 50% discount for South Africans ‒ R4200 pps per night ‒ at their camp in the 44 500-hectare Lapalala Wilderness Reserve. Operated off grid, it can accommodate 16 adults and four children in seven tented suites with fireplaces, private plunge pools, and en-suite bathrooms.
Expect low-impact game viewing, daily game drives and guided bush walks. Other pursuits include sundowner cruises, riverside picnics, birdwatching, stargazing, or spa treatments. Nearby are rock art and iron age sites, the community-based Lapalala Wilderness School, and endangered wildlife breeding programme.
The Palala River running through the reserve offers fishing opportunities and meals are served at various locations within the reserve, or around a blazing firepit beneath the Milky Way.
The special, for South Africans only, is valid up to December 15, 2019.
- Includes: accommodation, all meals, two daily safari or wilderness excursions, laundry and wifi.
- Excludes beverages, spa treatments and other extras.
- Enquire about special rates for children.