Snug winter safari. Waking up to the sound of a lion’s roar, or a jackal barking, and a cacophony of birdsong, perhaps warning their flock about humans or predators nearing…
Oh, but why get up with the sparrows when one wanted to escape the stress of the work grind? Somehow, in the bush, an early wake up is pure safari therapy. Feeling chilly? Nothing a hot cup of chocolate with a dash of a warming Amarula Cream, won’t fix.
This is how a morning safari starts at eco-friendly, malaria-free Tau Game Lodge in the magnificent Madikwe Reserve, only hours from Johannesburg, South Africa.
During the cooler months, visibility of game becomes even more prolific as the scorching sun no longer deters big and small game from strutting, playing or simply lazing about throughout the day.
Evenings make for lively discussions around a large fire whilst dining on delicious, hearty cuisine. Tau is about authenticity and understated luxury, and has become the preferred safari destination for South Africans and international visitors over the years…and South Africans are currently getting a greatly reduced package whilst international travellers are kept at bay.
Just pop onto TripAdvisor to see some of the heartening comments from Tau guests.
Sundowners in the bush before a magical dinner, listening to elephants trumpet, or the bark of an African wild dog, are just part of the magic of Tau – the place of the lion…
The five-star family-friendly lodge is enclosed within the reserve, resulting in guests being subtly fenced in, while game, including several crocodiles, roam free. This is also a birder’s paradise.
Just in need of quiet reflection, in one’s room or on the main hospitality deck? No problem. Relax with a tipple and watch the waterhole, which envelopes the room and lodge decks, where game roam wild and free. A wildlife photographer’s haven…
- Normal daily rates start at R4,800 per person, valid until end November 2021, include One night, 3 meals and 2 safaris, as well as refreshments on safari drives.
The Winter 2021 package @R16,000 per couple, valid until end June 2021, includes:
- Accommodation for 2 nights in one of the 12 newly renovated Luxury Standard Chalets as an introductory offer
- 3 meals per day
- 2 game drives per day
- Drinks and snacks on safari drives
- Tau Spa Oasis African Foot Ritual (30 minutes) per adult: Allow your feet to be pampered by our therapists in a soothing footbath to drain away tiredness. Expect a massage with an aroma-therapeutic based scrub.
These rates exclude:
- Park Entrance fees of R180.00 per person (Subject to change)
- Tourism Levy of R10.00 per person per night (Subject to change)
- Bar, Mini Bar, Laundry and all other extras
- Rhino Conservation Levy of R165.00 per adult per night
To book this special package, quote: TAU Autumn 2021
Voucher packages valid for a full year at R 17,780, include:
- 2 nights for 2 people sharing, including:
- A relaxing couple’s head and shoulder spa massage;
- 3 meals daily;
- 2 safaris daily plus refreshment on safari drives;
- All tourism levies.
- Covid-19 regulations apply to keep guests safe.
- The live web camera at the Tau waterhole serves as a reminder that the natural world continues its flow. Daily sightings include African wild dog, herds of elephant and buffalo, lion, the entire spectrum of antelope, and a plethora of birdlife, stealthily observed by the resident crocodiles.
- Read more about Tau here